Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Matthew's First (Early) Birthday!

Matthew's first birthday is coming up and I wanted to make sure we celebrated with his little friends.  We will be doing an actual family party on his real birthday, but I wanted him to celebrate with his pals!  I decided to do a sailboat theme with red, white, and blue.  It turned out super cute!

We hung seagulls in the archways



And we used little accents that we already have from John Michael's nautical room



Seagulls and fishing net abounded



As did nautical flags



Our front entryway welcomed everyone into our sailboat party!



We had a Happy Birthday! banner and I hung red and blue lanterns above the table



I cannot take any credit for our meal that we ate.  Jordan's mom was up visiting so she cooked and cooked and cooked for us!  She made a pumpkin cheesecake with praline pecans and we had early Thanksgiving dinner...dressing, gravy, rolls, green beans, and cranberry sauce!!  It was so good!  I was so thankful for her cooking for us!



More red, white, and blue



Our cupcakes and giftbags were also red, white, and blue



My almost birthday boy!



Matthew is lucky to have a few friends that are right around his age!  Here's Luke,



and Kaitlyn,



and Shepherd.



Matthew ate a cupcake to celebrate with his friends!



He was pretty curious



and I think he liked it!



A lot!



Matthew's party turned out so cute and best of all, we had so much fun talking and catching up with each other!  I can't wait to do it all again for his real birthday in a few weeks!

2 comments:

bethany said...

that last picture is absolutely priceless!! We had the best time...I want to do it again this thursday - ha!

Happy Birthday Matthew!!

Joan said...

haha. I love that last pic of him. he's in absolute cupcake ecstasy!