Friday, November 12, 2010

October Leftovers

Here are some random snapshots from October that I never got onto the blog!  October was a fun month and I need to make sure I document what we did during the month!

We had some pretty hot days for it to be October!  We played outside a good bit, especially at the beginning of the month.


 


 Matthew enjoyed rocking a lot in JM's chair.  Matthew now has his very own with his name on it.  He loves to rock!



 We went to one of the many craft fairs in our area.  This is the only picture I took there.  You can really feel the level of excitement by looking at their faces.



 We played at Chick-fil-A one night for dinner.  Matthew peeked his head out the window of this tree at just the right time!



Mainly, I just love this picture of both boys chilling out after naptime.  Matthew already loves flipping through (& ripping!) books. 



 I attempted to make a pumpkin bundt cake for a Sunday School get-together.  Attempted is the key word here.  I just about died about 5 minutes after I put it in the oven and thought something didn't seem right.  I was right to be concerned; I didn't put 4 eggs in it!  Four whole eggs!!!  The indention on the left side is from Jordan sticking his finger in it because he said the batter was good and it was good without eggs.  Gross.  I ended up running by the store and taking a very yummy cinnamon roll cheesecake to the party instead!



 Matthew loves this Busy Ball Popper and he especially loves the air that blows the balls toward the top!  His expression is priceless!



Sweet Jack giving Matthew kisses. 



And then it looks like Jack is about to eat Matthew, but he was just yawning!  Funny picture! 



 The weather turned cooler and we played outside some more.  JM with his favorite thing in this world: football!



 On a really fun note, JM and I spent one afternoon outside while Matthew napped and he taught himself how to blow bubbles. 



 We were out there a long time and he eventually took the bubbles from me, blew and blew and blew...



 until he got it juuuuust right!  Viola, bubbles!



 I made Halloween cookies and iced them.  John Michael sort of helped me make them.  He was way less interested than I thought he was going to be.



 And Gaga came to visit around Halloween!




What a wonderful, fun, and busy month.  It seems like nothing will slow down until about January!

 

Verse O' the Day:

Let me hear Your loving kindness in the morning; for I trust in You; teach me the way in which I should walk; for to You I lift up my soul.

Psalm 143:8

1 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

It was such a fun week spending time with you, Jordan, and the boys. They are both growing up way too fast and I'm already missing them so much. Thankfully, y'all will be here soon! Also enjoyed Matthew's little party and seeing all of his (and your) friends. They are all so precious! JM looks so grown up in the bubble blowing pictures and Matthew's expressions are so funny! Also love the last pic of me and the boys as I try to win out over JM's desire to get down...haha. See y'all soon!