Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A-A-Apple & C-C-Consign

Last night I hit up our local Rhea Lana consignment event.  And "event" is the term for it.  It keeps getting bigger every year and I LOVE it!  I have no problems buying nice, barely worn clothes for my children.  I got a few things with tags on them and that made me happy.  It took me a long time and I really had to get my game plan together and dig, dig, dig, but I was happy with what I came out of there with!  I could have stayed longer, I'm sure!


Most of the longalls that I got are reversible!




Some of my favorites are all the dressy longalls that I got for Matthew.  I'm hoping he will be this size throughout the winter.  I planned this so that perhaps with some of the shopping we've already done, we won't have to buy any clothes for the boys until Spring.  Oh yeah, except shoes and some shirts.  That is my goal and I'm going to try to stick to it! Luckily, because Matthew is so big, he will be wearing John Michael's clothes from last fall.  He got his own clothes last night too, but I will definitely be supplementing his wardrobe with what JM wore last fall!  I got some really great things last night!  JM got his first rain coat and some winter coats too.





Since it was rainy today and we stayed in to let Matthew have a really good morning nap, I decided it would be a great morning to start my new "mom curriculum"!  I'm just going to start with the letter "A" and go from there!  We worked on painting an A and John Michael pretty much pitched a fit over some of it.  I helped him and we got it done.  We've had a fun day of block building, books, playing with dump trucks in a pan of rice, and play-doh. 


 




After lunch we used sesamestreet.org to learn about things that start with A, but not before we watched the "C is for Cookie" song.  I have to admit, it's so cute and catchy!



Of course we learned about apples, alligators, and other A words.  I like how he picked up his letter A and held it while we watched and talked about some of the videos.  We also played a few of the games, which I think is great for helping him use the mouse and use his pointer finger.

Matthew liked it a lot too!  He wanted to be in on the action so he sat in his high chair and watched and laughed and laughed!





That's a pretty big smile!



Our kids are learning things so differently than we did growing up.  They're so used to the laptop and computers!  I'm sure it's going to be a different world they grow up in.  What a fun day!

3 comments:

Jane (Grams, GaGa) said...

Love all the cute clothes you were able to get!! All of the longalls are adorable and I know that JM will love that raincoat with the balls on it! You are doing such a great job subjecting JM to all the different art mediums and working with his letters, numbers, and colors. And the computer programs are great tools for making learning fun. When I taught computer, it was amazing to see how quickly the little ones learned to use it and to see how much their reading and math levels increased week by week.

Laurie said...

YOU DID GREAT! CUTE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah said...

I don't know where you found those longalls because I looked and looked for some things like that and came up with nothing! Maybe you already picked them all!