Friday, May 1, 2009

Weekend Recap...a week later!



We had a great weekend last weekend, as usual, but I'm so late posting it!  It's just been one of those weeks and we're getting geared up for John Michael's birthday party in one week and we have family arriving on Saturday morning!  The rest of the family will be getting here Thursday afternoon. 

I've got birthday lists, Mother's Day lists, end of Bible study lists, and the Disney list divided into two sections.  IF we even go (because I am just SURE that we'll all get swine flu and die) we've got a lot of things that I'm going to send down ahead of time to the resort including juice, disposable cups, bibs and swimming diapers, wipes...you get the picture!  I don't want to pack it in my suitcase!  It's just a lot to do!

We're so happy that our families are coming into town.  This is the most family we'll have here at once!  It's going to be a busy and exciting week!  Everyone is looking forward to seeing JM crawl and do all his cute new tricks!

Friday night we fed Team Impact at church.  Team Impact is an awesome group of body builders that use feats of strength to spread the Word in a fun and family-filled way!  I believe around 400 people accepted Christ in the 5 nights they had the show at church.  Wow!

Luckily, Jordan left work a little early, because I'm not sure what I was thinking to think that I could just pop JM in a sling and set out tons of food and drinks and serve these people by myself.  Thank goodness for husbands!



This was the night that John Michael got mistaken for a girl THREE times within a 3 hour time period.  He hasn't been called a girl in months!  Jordan said it was because of his outfit, but it had a crab on it, so I thought it looked boyish.  Either way, he does NOT look like a girl!


Happy baby!  The men of Team Impact said that John Michael had "ham hocks" for legs and that he was a BIG boy!  Why yes, he is!  Maybe he'll be a body builder one day?




Saturday morning we just messed around and took it easy.  We love just hanging out in bed after John Michael wakes up.  It's always a fun, sweet time.  We'll probably be watching cartoons and eating cereal in bed in the coming years.



New overalls are fun!  He looked so cute in them!



Sunday we headed to church and once again, that was about it.  We came home and ate our usual beef stew out of the crock pot and I grinded some up for John Michael.  He loved it!  He would go mmmmmm!  He really is starting to enjoy eating big boy food.  I'm liking it too.



Daddy and John Michael had a photo shoot while I fixed lunch and these pictures are precious!  JM's outfit is my brother, Judd's, from when he around 2-ish.  As you can see, JM can wear it at 11 months!




Below is my favorite picture in months!



 



Oh yeah, we had to take JM to Sunday night church in his Alabama hat because somebody put a Go Hogs sticker on him at Sunday School.  Poor child!   Jackson was curious about the hat!



Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

Ohhhhh...what great pictures!! Nat fell in love with the last one. I may have to make an 8 x 10....haha. JM's eyes are getting bluer by the day! We can't wait to be there for his birthday! Have fun with your family!!!

kimberly said...

oh, mary avery....JM's eyes are just gorgeous!! And he does not look like a girl.....just a very pretty boy!! :)

"a boy and his dog"---that last pic is too cute!