Sunday, May 10, 2009

ONE Big Birthday!

Friday afternoon was John Michael's big first birthday!  We had a lot of our family up and we had such a fantastic time.  Our jungle theme was so cute and everything looked fantastic, if I do say so myself!  What a special day!  Enjoy the pictures!


Robin did our too-cute cookies.  They turned out so cute.  My family didn't know you could eat them because they were so precious!  And yes, those are cookies in the picture below.  I ended up putting one at each place setting.



I fell in love with this jungle cake from Rick's Bakery and knew I had to have it.  You only turn one once!



I did a little display of a picture from every month this past year.  It was so neat to see John Michael's progression from a tiny baby into a precious little boy.




More cookies and I also made napkin rings out of little wooden jungle animals and glued raffia on them so they would tie onto the napkins.





Happy Birthday to John Michael!



This child knew what to do with his birthday cake!  He was very systematic in his delivery to his mouth.  He held onto the cake plate very tightly with his right hand and shoveled into his mouth with his left.



And kept shoveling cake...



And kept on.  I eventually had to take it away because he would have eaten the whole thing.  He takes after our families more and more everyday!




Seriously, is that normal for a baby to eat half a cake?



Present time was just as fun with presents from uncles, aunts, great-grandmothers and grandfathers, and of course grandparents!





We had a blast and I'm so happy and thankful to have a beautiful, healthy, and happy baby boy.  We can't wait to see what the coming years bring.  Now, I'm off to finish packing for Disney.  This is a job that never seems to end!


Verse O' the Day:



Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8

5 comments:

Kacy said...

What an awesome party! Would you like to plan another one in a few weeks? Ha!

Erin said...

Looked like a blast! I'm calling you when it comes time to plan the big first b-day. have fun in Dinsey

laurie said...

The cake and cookies look incredible. I can't believe how much cake JM ate!!!!!!!

Joan said...

AH! I wish I could have been there! He is so adorable in all these pictures!

kimberly said...

mary avery....great job on the first ever birthday party!! The cake looked so cute!!