Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another May Birthday and a Little History

Today is Uncle Judd's birthday...not only that, but it was John Michael's original due date!  What a coincidence.  John Michael just had other ideas and wanted to come early.
The Fam!
The Fam!

Judd is our misfit brother because he's tall, thin, blond-headed and has blue eyes.  Umm..that doesn't really fit in with the rest of our family.  We're basically the opposite of that!  He indeed is our brother and I think Ray and I will claim him.  I guess Judd is partly  where John Michael got his blue eyes!

My brother, Judd, is one of the bravest people I know.  Over the past almost 10 years he's battled an illness that almost no one in North America can explain, tell us about or why.  I could never have gone through even half of the things he has battled back from time after time.  My hat forever goes off to him for his profound bravery and ability to embrace life after being knocked down time and time again.

Now, don't think he's all about an illness.  Oh no!  Judd has a degree in Political Science and a Masters in Public Administration and even a little law school under his belt before he got very sick!  He knows so much about politics, both local and national and can finish off any book within a day.  I always call him and ask, what does this mean or why did that politican do that?!  He was also pretty excited to be an uncle and the fact that John Michael is a boy is a plus in my brother's eyes!  I see some Alabama football games in their future!

We are so blessed and thankful to God for healing him and making him well these last few years and we truly believe and pray for a miraculous healing directly from God's hands.  That is the only hope you can cling to when everything else is telling you "no, we don't know, or it may come back at any moment."  You just can't live life that way and I choose not to!  God has his own plans and timing.  It took me all of these years to finally realized that God loves him way more than I do, my parents do or the whole of my family combined x a million, so I feel a real comfort in just letting go of the worry and letting him live life in his Heavenly Father's loving arms and whatever will be will be!

We know how precious each birthday and holiday is not only with Judd around, but any member of our family.  If you've been there you know how special holidays can become and you celebrate while you can.  We never want to take any holiday or family gathering for granted and you shouldn't either.

Here we are at mine and Jordan's wedding!  He cleans up pretty nice!



Super proud uncle to John Michael and of course, baby #2!



John Michael's baby dedication back home



Uncle Judd and John Michael played ball a lot while he was here for JM's birthday!



Happy Birthday Judd!  We hope it's a good one and I'm sorry we're not closer by to celebrate with you!


Verse O' the Day:



I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in your words.

Psalm 119:147

2 comments:

Judd said...

Awesome job sis. I hoped John Michael and I would share the same birthday. That is until I saw how BIG he was! He (and you) never would have made it to the 26th.
I do love being part of the best uncle duo in the world to John Michael. I am just not sure how I am going to explain that "old" tee I am wearing in the last picture.
Come home soon.

Judd

Dana/Meme said...

It was from frat party days, long ago. People grow up and change! But JM may ask what it means one day - explain that one!