Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Saturday, Including The Cat in the Hat!

We've had a pretty awesome Saturday, if I do say so myself!  It rocked mostly because Jordan let me sleep in for 2 hours!!  I cannot even begin to tell you how awesome that feels.  I have the best husband in the world and he knows my love language these past few years is, well, sleep!  I woke up feeling so happy and refreshed and ready to start our day!  We headed out to a local library for a "meet the Cat in the Hat" day.  When we got there the Cat was no longer taking pictures, so it was a letdown.  Several other people were upset about it too because the signs said until 12 and it was only 11:30, so they had that mischevious Cat come back out for pictures!

While we waited for the Cat to get there, we played with computers and did puzzles.


 


Matthew and I had a good time working a few puzzles together.



JM was looking a bit apprehensive about meeting the Cat in the Hat.  He really didn't want to!



We finally got our chance and so we all went up together to meet the Cat.  You can see that Matthew is trying to flee and JM won't even look at the camera or over at the Cat. It should be fun times at Disney World in a few months.



After meeting the Cat we played a bit more.  Noah stood up and played with a little ball cube....



Goodness he's at such a cute age!  He's so precious!



And Matthew came over to play with Noah for a little bit.  Noah pretty much wants to be wherever they are and do whatever the big boys are doing.



JM is just like Daddy.....he loves to learn things on the computer.  He did a really good job with his skills with the mouse and clicking.  He asked for help for one small thing and then promptly told me to go away!



Next, we went to Sam's then the little guys napped in the car and Jordan dropped me off at Old Navy and Forever 21.  I ran in and look for 2 little things real quick.  This is usually the only way to do "mom shopping" nowadays.  I either go during naptime on a Saturday or have Jordan drop me off while the boys nap in the car.  This too shall pass!



Once we got home the boys all played outside while I started cooking.  We finally got the "big boy" swing out of the garage and they all gave it a try!



I made poppyseed chicken casserole, green beans, and rolls.....of which my boys ate NONE of.  It's so frustrating with them not eating dinner pretty much ever.  I also made my mother in law's pound cake but it ended up being a giant disaster.  It tastes really good but I had some issues with it sticking in the pan, so it's really ugly!  At least it tasted good!



We put all the little ones down for bed early and now we're just going to chill out, watch for bad weather later tonight, and enjoy our Saturday night!

2 comments:

Jane Cosby (Gaga) said...

The Cat in the Hat photo is pretty funny!! I love that Matthew is climbing Jordan....haha. The pictures of Noah are so precious! He is growing up so fast and getting cuter by the day. I know that JM had fun on the computer. He is soooo smart! They all looked so cute in their spring time outfits! (And you too!) So sorry that the pound cake didn't turn out quite right, but I know that it tasted yummy!

ray maxwell said...

Sounds like a awesome day was had by all the Wigleys and could not have a better looking bunch. They all are growing up so fast, everyday is adventure. Thanks for posting