Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

Happy Easter Greetings from our family to yours!  I was so proud of us for getting up early, getting everyone fed and dressed and only being SEMI late for 8:30 church service! Go us! We have had a great day today.  I've been very excited this week to reflect on Jesus' life and death and we've been working with the boys with resurrection eggs, Easter story books, and our kids Bible.  They're really starting to "get it" this year and that's been exciting for me to see and hear John Michael talk about the Cross, the stone being rolled away and Jesus dying for OUR sins!  Like one of their Kids Bible CDs says: "What a MIGHTY Resurrection Day" and that's how I feel this Easter!


I have to brag, because I'm their mom, but OH MY GOODNESS my boys just looked so precious and sweet today!  I'm a proud mama!



Noah kind of looks like he's yelling for help and Matthew's just looking on!



It's hard to get a family picture so we just took a random one at church.  They all look miserable.



Here's my serious Noah in his Easter Sunday white!



And here's my love looking handsome today!



We took some picture out front with all the beautiful flowers and pretty green bushes, but it's really, really hard to get them to all look, or even halfway look.  We just gave up!




We're not big on Easter bunny and all that, but we did do a few goodies and some candy in their baskets.



They got harmonicas!



I have a story about this egg tray.  I went to Europe when I was in high school and I brought this egg tray back home, knowing that one day I would have my own house, husband, and family and need to have a special deviled egg tray.  Deviled eggs are just one of those Southern things that you grow up with and you have to have a special little tray to serve them on.  I'm glad I got the tray in Spain and I'm glad it made it all the way home and then all the way to Arkansas.  I think it's very pretty!



Since we don't have any family close by it's really fun to get together with other friends who aren't having family in for the holiday.  We had some friends over to celebrate Easter and we had a great time just talking and eating while all of our boys just played and played in our backyard.  It's kind of nice to have the boys be pretty self sufficient out back now.


I made the best strawberry-ade! Yum!






Time to eat!



Time to look for Easter eggs!




Aaaaand, the day wouldn't be complete without Jack eating someone's food or stealing food from a baby...




The weather couldn't have been more beautiful.  It was nice and warm and sunny.  We were so glad to spend this special day with friends and I know our boys had a blast playing with their friends all afternoon!  We need to have friends over more often after church!


We hope you had a wonderful Easter!


 

 

3 comments:

ray maxwell said...

We missed y'all but looks and sounded like a good time was had by all. even Jack. Everyone looked wonderful, you should do this more often. Love you Dad

Jordan Wigley said...

It was a great day yesterday, celebrating the resurrection of our Savior with friends and family. I wouldn't trade anything for the great times we have with our 3 little men. Hope you all have a great day. Love you sweetie!

Love you,
Jordan

Jane Cosby (Gaga) said...

I agree that my grandsons are the most precious, sweetest looking boys in the whole world. Love the picture of you and Jordan too. And like your dad, we sure missed spending Easter day with y'all, but I'm so glad that you have such sweet friends to share the day with. And the best part of the whole day is knowing that because Christ died on the cross and rose again, that we as believers know that we shall share eternity with Him and each other.