Friday, May 20, 2011

A Trip to the Zoo!

I never had a chance to get our pictures up from our trip to the Birmingham Zoo!  My family went and my grandparents drove up from Tuscaloosa to meet us for the day!  We left early that morning so we could enjoy the morning, have lunch, and then head on home during the middle part of the afternoon.

I must say, they've done a lot of work since the last time I was there!  We were pretty impressed and we had a great time!  It was HOT that day too!  It was fun having our family together for something kind of out of the norn!

My boys were dressed in matching blue jon-jons, but the funniest part of the day was how "at home" it felt to be there because literally every child we passed either had on a cute little jon-jon with animals on it, or a smocked outfit with little animals on it.  Leave it to a Southern Mama to coordinate her children's dressy clothes with going to the zoo!  Only down South!

 


I think the boys had a good time.  They got to see lots of animals and they had tons of attention from grandparents and great-grandparetns!



Matthew was tired!  I expected him to fall asleep in the car that morning, but he never did.  He took a good nap in his stroller while Papaw pushed him!



 



The boys munched on Whale crackers while we went through the primate house. 



I think Uncle Ray was pretty thrilled that Matthew wanted to ride with him in his wheelchair.  I think it tickled him that Matthew wanted to sit witih him and eat his crackers up high instead of in his stroller!



We looked at pretty flamingos....



'had a super yummy lunch in a cool African hut...



and saw some new baby storks!



JM wanted to feed swans so I sent Matthew on the train with Uncle Judd.



They all ended up riding the train except Jordan, JM, Papaw, and myself.



JM posed with a gorilla!



I think he was showing us how strong they are!



He got to ring the train bell, which he loved!



And then Matthew wanted in on the action too!



There wasn't nearly enough time to do all the things there that we wanted to do.  With little kids you just do your best and do what you can do.  It was getting late and they were getting so tired so we had to go ahead and leave, but we could have stayed longer for sure!  We'll have to go back next time we go home for a visit!  Oddly enough, the whole ride home, neither JM or Matthew fell asleep so it made for a very long and tiresome afternoon!


 


 

1 comments:

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

what a wonderful day!!! we loved seeing the boys enjoy the animals, and spending time with y'all!