Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day and a Birthday!

Last Sunday was my 3rd year in a row celebrating Mother's Day but it was also John Michael's 3rd birthday!  We enjoyed our morning at church with Jordan's mom here for a visit!  The boys looked especially cute in their outfits, although they didn't match because our crazy iron spit out brown water right as I was about finished ironing Matthew's outfit the night before!

So blessed to be a Mama!  Best job in the world!  I still am in awe of the fact that Jordan and I have known each other for so long and dated so long and we're going to have 3 kids before we hit 30!  So fun and crazy at the same time. 



I know Jordan's mom was glad to be here to celebrate Mother's Day with her son!



We went to McAllister's for a casual lunch after church.  I started feeling really awful, so I was ready to head home.  After a good afternoon nap we let John Michael open his presents and cards from everyone!



As part of his birthday we decided to head to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner, just for something fun and different to do.  We had a really good time!



I love this little Alabama baseball set that I found while we were home!



Of course, Matthew immediately started playing his favorite game, golf!



I was actually having a pretty terrible pregnancy day on Mother's Day.  I was so tired, I had hot flashes really badly, I ached and I was pretty crampy during the day.  I had a really good nap and felt a little better once I woke up.


 


We ate some pizza and got ready to PLAY!!  Matthew had fun playing the games too.  It was his first visit to the Cheese!



By far the boys' favorite thing to do was play this football game and the basketball game.  We played it a lot!  I think it was a great way to spend a 3rd birthday!



We still can't believe JM is 3 now!  I feel like I've learned so much over the last 3 years.  I've made mistakes and learned a lot about having more patience and generally feeling very blessed everyday to be home with my boys.  I want time to slow down so I can make sure I cherish every day with them!



Because we got home so late from Chuck E. Cheese, we decided to let John Michael cut into his birthday cake for lunch the next day.  He liked his little Lightning McQueen car on his cake!



JM and Matthew loved their cake for dessert!



It was a fun and sweet weekend, but also very tiring for me.  I guess I'm just being hit with 3rd trimester tiredness.  I've had a doctor's appointment and everything seems just fine and I was measuring right at 32, so that was fine too....even though I look like I'm having twins or I could be 9 months pregnant!  I kind of hope these last few weeks fly by, but really I feel like there's so much more to do so I hope we can get it all done!


 

2 comments:

Jordan Wigley said...

Such a fun weekend! It was a great way to spend both Mother's Day and JM's birthday. He ended up loving his sandwich at McAllister's... and he absolutely had a blast at Chuck E Cheese. It's so great knowing that we'll have all of these birthdays and special occasions over the next couple of decades raising our children!

Love y'all and hope you have a great day!

-- Jordan

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

I love JM"s b'day cake - right down his alley! what a fun weekend, even though I missed you on Mothers Day & missed being there for JM's b'day!! love y'all