Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sunny/Snowy

Where do I even begin?  My computer has had some issues so I have been without it for close to a week!  This blog post is techically from last weekend.  A lot (weather-wise) has changed since then, but since I had already worked on this post before my computer forgot how to charge itself, I'll go ahead and post it.

*I will hopefully post Snowpocalypse 2011 pictures very soon.  Old Man Winter has been pretty hard on us so far, so I hope spring is right around the corner!

 So last weekend was the polar opposite of what we have going on right now.  Look at the sunshine and how beautiful it was.  I wanted to run to the closet and dig out my best friends, my flip flops!  I took mom back to the Branson Airport, so I was gone most of the morning.  Jordan and the boys played outside in the beautiful sunshine and I know they had a great time!


It looks like Jack had a great time, too!  He was pretty tired from chasing his ball!



 Daddy and John Michael played a ton of basketball!  JM is still talking about it.



 John Michael has gotten really good at throwing the ball and getting it into the goal.  He loves basketball lately!



 Later in the afternoon we took Matthew outside while JM took his afternoon nap!  This was really his first time exploring the back yard since he started walking.



He also loves to throw the ball for Jack! 



 So, after out beautiful warm and sunny weekend, we had the first snow of the week.  Overnight Monday and into Tuesday we had crazy, crazy winter weather.  The snowflakes were so huge!  We had never seen snowflakes like this before! Jordan worked from home on Tuesday and it snowed and snowed and snowed!



We ended up with a 16" snowdrift on our back porch!  Wow! 



Needless to say, we had more winter weather later in the week and we are expecting more this week. It's hard to even write that.  I cannot explain how much I hate snow and winter.  I know there is a season for everything, but I know I will be so happy to see the breezy, warm days of Spring and Summer come our way! 

1 comments:

Jane (GaGa) said...

JM has great form on shooting his basketball. And it looks like our little fluff and Matthew are having fun too! We haven't had nearly the amount of snow that y'all have had, but more than normal for Alabama. I agree with you in that I'm ready for summer, flip flops, and the pool!! At least you have something to look forward to at the end of the month :) And so do we!!!!