Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowpocalypse Take 2

So we just thought that last week was the big snow of 2011.  We were wrong.  I got up at 2:30 this morning and it was starting to snow and by the time we got up around 7 ish we were greeted by this:

 


Honestly, we've never seen so much snow before!  Our biggest snow storm growing up was 12" and that was a lot.  This is way more than that!  I'm not sure if it's around 15 or 18 inches!


We had to make a little square for Jack to go potty and I couldn't believe how tall the snow was.  He tried to hop on to of the snow and he just couldn't make it!



It was nice having Jordan work from home today.  After breakfast the boys watched a few videos about trucks and ABCs on YouTube while they had their juice.



I also got out JM's truck activity center that we haven't had out for awhile.  He was sooo excited to play with it again.  It's just dump trucks and lots of fun rice to sift through!



While JM worked on his dump trucks Matthew did an art project with his Crayola Color Wonder.



 



After lunch we re-scooped Jack's potty spot since it had been covered up with snow again.



This is out front!  Big-time snow drifts!



 



 -------------------------


*edited to add these new pictures that Jordan took after he shoveled all the snow off the driveway and part of the sidewalk.  I know we seem crazy about the snow, but we have just never seen this much snow before!



 



 



And to top off our epic snow day, we had a rare treat, a steak!  I marinated the steaks all day and then made twice baked potatoes and asparagus.  It was quite good and my family will be shocked that I sat and ate a whole steak by myself.  I blame it on the pregnancy.  Maybe I need the iron?!


2 comments:

Jane (GaGa) said...

Snow snow go away....don't come back another day!! So much snow...especially considering that you've already had several significant snowfalls this year. We are still awaiting ours, but should be only about 2". Praying for Spring and warmer weather. Love the cute pictures of the boys and Jack :)

Arianna V said...

I got to your site through Kelly's Korner. That Color Wonder toy looks amazing! I might try it out when my daughter gets a bit older. Hope you have a great day!