Monday, October 26, 2009

Come Sail Away With Me...In A New Room!

Because we are using John Michael's nursery set up for the new baby, it was time for our little guy to get a new "big boy" room!  Jordan rallied hard for football/sports, but moms, you know what I'm saying here....he will want that ole stuff for all of his little boyhood.  Right now is the only time I can still make him a cute little boy room with NO signs of a ball anywhere!  He will probably have a sports themed room next!

We decided on a nautical theme and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  I LOVE the navy blue that we picked out for under the chair rail and it didn't cost all that much for all the little accessories for the room!  The only thing I'm lacking is a cute sailboat comforter and a bedskirt!  I'll find some eventually!

"Let me take you on a tour of my new room!  Sorry some of the pictures are blurry....I'm on the move!



This is where we listen to music and where I go through tons of books everyday looking for just the right one for Mama to read to me!



This is my dresser with a few cute boat accessories...moving on now!




Mama got these nautical themed hooks at Hobby Lobby for half off!  She was very happy about that.  Also, this is the second clock that we got for my room because I broke the first one playing with it!  Mama thought it looked like a port hole!




Look at this pillow that my great-grandmother made just for ME! 



She sewed it all together and then had my very own initials put on one side and an anchor on the other!




Mama said she likes the simple window treatment and I like the little sandpiper up on the top shelf...I sometimes think he's a duck!




This is just where I play and pull out all 245 toys that are in the stacking bins!  Good times.



I let Mama know real quick that I wasn't going to pose beside my monogrammed pillow.  I have places to go!



These are my new red initals above my changing table.  Apparently we are still looking for some type of "cute" decorative piece to put above the table.  I'm sure I'll only try to knock it off everytime they change me!



OK, that was fun!  Now I'm just going to hang out with my dog on the floor!  Thanks for checking out my new big boy room!


6 comments:

Jordan Wigley said...

One room down! Now if we can just get the new nursery finished up this week, we'll be set! :-)

Kelly said...

Love his big boy room!!!! So cute!

Aunt Faye said...

J.M. YOUR ROOM IS CUTE FOR SUCH A CUTE BOY.
YOU ARE SO BIG NOW....HOPE MOMMY IS DOING O.K.
LOVE AUNT FAYE

Aunt Faye said...

J.M. YOUR ROOM IS too cute for words. I love your toy box
J.M. you are getting to be a big BOY and so many curls , remind me of uncle Judd when he was a tot.,

I guess MEME and uncle Judd, Ray, will see you real soon, so you let them spoil you ..
love Aunt Faye

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

As you know, I love the nautical theme! Maybe Santa will bring him something else nautical for his room...if he can find something ;) .The pillow your grandmother made is precious. JM and Jack look all comfy resting on their freshly cleaned carpet. I can't wait to see the nursery all finished. Miss you all. Have fun with your mom and brothers this week.

kimberly t. bowling said...

Oh, it's so cute! And believe me....it will certainly want and get a sports theme roomed later down the line. I can ship you all our stuff from that era shortly. My two boys are in the middle of a protest wanting their "sports" room changed to a more sophisticated look as we speak. And guess what...we are doing NAVY walls as well.....but no nautical theme. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Hopefully we can get it all tackled soon and I'll be able to put a post up with pictures.

Enjoy Mrs. Dana being there.....that baby will be here before you know it....not much longer!!