Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Shower of Blessings

Last night was my Sunday School shower and we had such a great time!  There were so many sweet girls from Sunday School there to shower our sweet unknown baby#2 with love and gifts!  I know it's harder to pick out "neutral" gifts, but it was so neat to get so many wonderful, useful gifts.

We met at a local restaurant and ate and talked and then opened gifts!

A table full of sweet friends!



I could not believe how many presents there were to open!  Thank you everyone!



And, of course, Robin made her yummy (and beautiful) sugar cookies.  They were so cute!  They matched the colors of our nursery exactly.  I always feel bad eating her cookies because they look like works of art!



This present was from a hopeful Grams...pink for a girl!  She also got a matching boy outfit as well!



I am in love with this beautiful blanket from our friend and neighbor, Julie!  It is SO soft and just luxurious.  I may not ever let a baby touch it!  I want to use it for myself.



Pardon how crazy I look in this next picture, but I had to post it because it is so special.  My grandmother MADE this precious dress, in case it's a girl!  She hand-made all the lace and you should see all the intricate details.  It is so special and even if we don't get to use it, we will set it aside for a girl in the future or a grandbaby!



Grandmother also sent this cute burp cloth.  Even all those Hog fans had to laugh!



And, it was so special to have mom up here for the shower!  She was so glad to be able to come up and be a part of everything.  We missed Grams, too, but she will be back soon for another visit!



Thank you girls!  We appreciate it so much and it means so much to us to have made such special friends up here!  We appreciate all the lovely gifts!  Now we've just got to get the nursery done and sort through all of our gifts!



Verse O' the Day:


I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.



Psalm 40:1

3 comments:

Joan said...

I was wondering if you were going to have a shower!

Julie said...

Your shower was so sweet, and you look just beautiful. I'm so glad you liked the blanket--I'm sure you'll find a time to snuggle up with it yourself with some of those late night feedings :)

And I know what you mean about Robin's cookies. They're just perfect everytime. I stuck mine in my purse and pulled them out for a treat at work today. It made my day because it was a LONG day.

Hope you're having fun with your mom here. Did she get to stay a few days?

Jane (Gran/Grams) said...

Looks like you had a GREAT shower! You have so many sweet friends. I sure hate that I couldn't be there and really hate that I missed Robin's cookies...haha. The dress your grandmother made is beautiful.