Wednesday, October 29, 2008

All Things Southern...

I've decided to devote this post to 'All Things Southern!'  We ate at the Courtyard Cafe today.  It's my absolute favorite southern cookin' hometown place!  I don't even have words for the next picture:
YUUUUUUUM!
YUUUUUUUM!

Notice the super sweet tea, peach cobbler, fried green tomato, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green beans, and yeast roll.  Oh my gosh.  Shut up, I'm not going to fit in my clothes by the time I get home!

We also finally made it to Mommy and Me baby store, home of smocking heaven!  We spend about two hours there and picked out some super cute clothes for the coming months! Just like any good man does when shopping with women, JM fell asleep in front of the television in his stroller while MeMe and I shopped.  Every good little southern boy (and girl) needs a few smocked outfits for church and pictures.  The problem with having a boy is that you're on a timeline with how long you can actually force them to wear monogrammed or smocked outfits.  I figure I've got about 2 more years and then no more smocking.  Boo.
Too precious!
Too precious!



I love this little smocked santa diaper bag.  I had to have it.  MeMe bought JM this cute little Christmas sweater, too.  We've also got a cute little Santa outfit ordered that should be perfect for JM's first Santa pictures!  I'm kind of glad that we don't have a store like Mommy and Me in Northwest Arkansas because I would be in all kinds of trouble!

Also, MeMe bought John Michael's first pair of Stride Rite little white dress shoes.  Every proper southern guy needs his little white Sunday shoes!  They are too cute.  I'm picturing them with seersucker this summer..are ya with me?!  I just noticed I said "cute" about 5 times in the last 8 sentences...not good.



Tuesday we went with my mom and were her guests at the Women's Club meeting.  We had a lovely catered lunch and all the little old ladies came over to squeeze JM's cheecks!  He was a perfect baby and acted just perfect.  If you had told me a couple of months ago that I would be able to take this baby places and have him not scream and disrupt everything, I would have called you a liar!  It's amazing how far he's come in just a few months!  He's so much happier!  Anyway, the Women's Club is a wonderful, old house in downtown Gadsden.  We actually got dressed there for our wedding.  The girls got our make-up done and got in our dresses and took some wonderful pictures around the beautiful house. Here are some pictures from Tuesday.
They don't make staircases like this anymore.
They don't make staircases like this anymore.



And what blog post would be complete without a picture of the little guy?



Dad holding JM.  Check out my dad's super-sweet championship ring.
Dad holding JM. Check out my dad's super-sweet championship ring.

Bye y'all!

4 comments:

Kacy Murray said...

Um, could you bring me one of those plate lunches back? Cute clothes!

Julie said...

You are too funny-you must be a southern girl through and through!

Robin Harper said...

The airplane outfit and the santa bag are so cute!! I love smocked outfits too!! My mom made us a few things like that when we were littls so I may have to have her teach me. Looks like you're having a fun trip!

Joan said...

what in the heck is "smocked?'