Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Out With the Old, In With the New

We finally did it....we broke down and bought the big ole Britax car seat. Our big little guy is just way too small for the Graco seat. He's always hated it anyway, so I'm kind of glad to be able to get him into this big, comfy (but safe) seat. It will be interesting to see if I can learn how to install it. I didn't realize how big it was until we got it into the car. I've GOT to know how to install it because I'm sure I'll be getting into different cars with JM while we are at home in Alabama.


Wednesdays are long days, not only for Jordan because of his work class that lasts until 10, but also for me.  This next picture kind of says it all about how long our day felt without Daddy here to entertain us after work!



Talk about a fussy baby.  He wasn't fussy all day, but most of the day.  Earlier in the afternoon we got the oil changed for the first time in our "new" car and then we all went to Red Robin for lunch.  Yum-O!  JM hammed it up as usual and had the best time looking at all of the colors and lights at Red Robin.  Our waiter was really interested in him!  He is starting to reach for our plates and cups.  I know he's going to be a BIG eater.  Maybe next year he can have a few french fries!!



I want some!
I want some!

 


Finally, can you tell how bored we were after playing with every toy, every book, and waiting for bathtime?



Look at those blue eyes!  Don't know where he got 'em!
Look at those blue eyes! Don't know where he got 'em!

3 comments:

Jane (Gran/Grams or whatever) said...

Great looking car seat. Hopefully he will be a much happier baby when riding in the car now. It looks very comfy.
And what beautiful blue eyes they are!!! Reminds me of the beautiful blue eyes my mother had.
Thanks for giving me a peek into John Michael's day. Miss y'all and looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

mary said...

They do look a lot like Dot's eyes in that bottom picture. They are so very blue there!

Dana/"Meme" said...

I love your blog - looks soooo much like you!!

John Michael is adorable as a big pumpkin. Glad you got to use it and hope he will still fit into it during Halloween! He is growing too fast.

I am so glad to get to see him more now with the blog pictures. It helps make up for being so far away and missing so much of his daily routines and the little things he does.

Don't forget, your dad and brother also have blue eyes.

Love,
Mom/Meme