Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wrapping Up Summer

Yes, I am blogging from August, but I'm a little busy!  After Jordan and I got back from the beach I knew we only had a few short weeks left to really hold onto summer, and if I was being truthful with myself, to hold onto my baby as he starting kindergarten.  It made me realize that the saying of "the days are long but the years are short" is so very true.  It just broke my heart that 5 years seemed so long at times, but it passed so very quickly.  Five years, gone in a flash.

I wanted to make our last little bit of summer really fun, so we did a lot of fun things....

A random Krispy Kreme breakfast surprise....


Library outings...


Trips to the park to throw rocks and look for crawfish.  This picture of them just kills me!  I love them so much!

Walks on the trails....


Picnic lunches at Crystal Bridges....




Speaking of Crystal Bridges museum, John Michael accidentally touched one of the paintings and I thought we were going to be in trouble as one of the workers approached us.  I was pleasantly surprised when she brought all 3 boys a coloring books and crayons.  I was shocked that they all sat on a bench and colored until their books were full!


We tried to get in as much swimming as we could...


We took a trip to Silver Dollar City and discovered that Noah had grown enough to ride the little kid rides now!  He was seriously so proud of himself!



He's a big kid now!


It was hot but we had a really fun day!



Before summer was over, Matthew moved out of the little kid Sunday School area and into chapel for church.  He's now in there with big brother!




We also squeezed in one last trip to the splash pad!


And just like that, summer was over! I know they may not remember all the fun things we did, but I know I surely will treasure all these days with my babies.   Next up, sending my first baby off to Kindergarten!



0 comments: