Monday, April 21, 2014

September Wrap Up

So I'm trying to get caught up on the blog month by month, so I'm just picking a few of the highlights from each month!  

We began to find a groove in how to homeschool on our at-home days.  I'm probably still not perfect at this (with 2 other littles at home) but I feel like it's an ever-evolving thing and we'll just go with the flow and live and learn!  I have been so proud of all the things John Michael is learning!



Just a snapshot of life at our house!


I found this picture of when the boys tried to "help" me clean the hardwood floors.  Nice.


We saw "Planes" at a drive-in theater!  It was so much fun!


I quietly and sadly realized our once three-crib house had slowly dwindling down to ONE crib and soon, NO cribs.  


We bought a set of bunk beds from a friend for the boys' room and they were so thrilled!  It was almost time to start the transition of Noah into their room in a few weeks.


I found this cute picture of Matthew being my biscuit cutter-outer helper!  I think he likes to help cut the biscuits out so he can sneak pieces of dough!


I love catching quiet, still moments like these when they have no idea you see them.


We had one last batch of tomatoes from the garden and they were so yummy!


And we reveled in something new to us: a child that can read!  I have NO idea why it's been so amazing to watch this year, but I've just been amazed that within only 3 weeks of school starting, JM was learning to read small things like the "Dick and Jane" books.  We were so proud and he was so embarrassed that we were so proud!


September is always a strange month.  You can't quite kiss summer goodbye because it's still so hot, but football season has begun, school has begun, church activities have picked back up, and fall feels like it's just waiting to burst forth with that first early morning cold snap.  September was a good, slow month of getting back into the swing of real life after the break of summer!


0 comments: