Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Menu Planning

Yesterday we took a MUCH needed day of doing nothing but staying in PJs and watching Christmas movies and well, just doing nothing!  I made homemade biscuits for breakfast with scrambled eggs and chocolate gravy!  Hello Christmas Break!

All 3 boys slept for nap yesterday, so I decided to do my Christmas menu plan so I thought I'd share!

Last year we had the ham steak the way my mom makes it, gren beans and twice stuffed potatoes.



It looks like this year I'm not very creative, as my menu plan basically looks exactly the same for Christmas dinner!

 Christmas Dinner :

Crockpot ham (I've never made it like this, we'll see that happens!)

Sweet n Sour green beans from Southern Plate ( I plan to make these the day before)

Baked potato casserole (A Pinterest recipe)

frozen cranberry banana salad in individual muffin liners that I can make and freeze this weekend. Also, another Southern Plate recipe

Rolls

And my mother in law will be bringing about 4,000 desserts from Alabama that day! I wanted to make a coconut cake if she hadn't been bringing desserts for us!

Christmas Eve Dinner

We decided that we are going to brave the Christmas Eve service at church with all 3 kids, so I want an easy meal I can put on a plate right when we get home from the service.  I'll put this "Mississippi Roast" (or Man gettin' roast as I like to call it) in the crock pot all during the day and we'll have it when we get in from church.  I'm going to add potatoes and carrots before we leave for church.  We need fast and easy on Christmas Eve! I'm going to devote a whole blog post to the wonders of this roast.  It's insane and great and easy!


Christmas Morning :

make ahead sausage casserole

pigs n a blanket

monkey bread

Orange Juice

and peppermint hot chocolate

I wanted to try and prep my monkey bread the night before by cutting the biscuits into pieces and mixing the sugar and cinnamon in a large ziploc and then just dumping it all in the bundt pan early the next morning.  I'll try it and see how it goes!

No matter what we eat, we'll all be together and that's what really counts on Christmas!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The Pinterest crockpot ham with pineapple juice, maple syrup and brown sugar is a winner!!

Jane Cosby (Gaga) said...

Sounds perfect!! Janna and I surely won't have our traditional Christmas breakfast since we will be leaving early to get to AR. We are packing plenty of snacks since most everything but gas stations will be closed. See y'all soon!!