Sunday, December 23, 2012

All Aboard the Polar Express!


The boys LOVE The Polar Express!  We went on a fun Polar Express train last year.  This year we didn't go to the Polar Express so I decided to throw a Polar Express party for our friends!  We are fortunate to have a neighborhood club house we can have birthday parties and events like this!  There's no way we could fit this many families in our house, but at the clubhouse, there's plenty of room!

Here's Matthew getting his ticket!  The kids turned in their tickets before they left to get a bell off of the little tree on the table.  I put down tape to make a train track from the front door to the room.  Jordan downloaded the Polar Express music for me and we had that going as you walked in the door.  My friend, Tracy, loaned me this red board and some other fun Polar Express items!





The kids did a waffle cone/Christmas tree craft.  They decorated their cone with lots of differnt candies.  It was a lot of fun!


I had (fake) candles and bells everywhere.  I love how Matthew is about to jump off the back of the couch in this picture.


I served pepermint sugar cookies and hot cocoa cookies.  Kacy brought coconut cookies too!  We had hot chocolate and all kinds of fun marshmallows.  Berkli  brought a veggie and meat tray as well!  I had cut out little Polar Express art from Etsy onto each red cup.



I'm pretty sure Matthew had a great time eating ALL of the candy.  Goodness!


All the kids did a great job with their Christmas trees!


Miss Elizabeth came early and helped me make hot chocolate and she also read "The Polar Express" to the kids!  She was a good sport to put up with so many crazy kids running around!


And we had a big surprise!  Santa made a surprise appearance!  He gave out little candy canes and each little boy or girl (that wanted to) got to sit with him a bit!




It was the most fun Christmas party!  We had a blast and the kids had a great time too!  We'll have to do it again next year.  Thanks to all of our friends for coming!

0 comments: