Friday, August 3, 2012

Noah's Blue Elephant First Birthday

When it came time to start planning Noah's first birthday party, I turned to Pinterest, naturally!  I totally stole this sweet blue elephant birthday party idea from Pinterest.  Yes, some elements are mine, but I mostly got a lot of great ideas from Pinterest.  I'll post more pictures of our Noah-bug and what all he's up to later on, but for now I'm just posting his birthday party.  I think he had a great time...I know I did!


I can't believe he's already one.  Time flies faster and faster with every child that comes along.


 Happy First Birthday, Noah!



I decided to do light blue and green dots with blue elephants.  I made the centerpieces and put "fake" straw and circus peanut candy in the pails.




Jack's Bakery did a fantastic job on the cupcakes.  I was really happy when I went to pick them up.  They did a great job with the elephant/dot theme.



 I made some "one" letters and put them on the entrway table along pictures from every month of Noah's first year.



My friend, Robin, helped me make Noah's banner.  Note to self: do all letters in green!




I made his little "Noah" letters and decorated with a few circus peanut candies.  We had lemonade, water, cupcakes, and ice cream and then swimming at our neighborhood's pool.



I think my favorite part (besides Noah enjoying his party and cake!) was the blue elephant favor boxes.





It was a fun party and we were so thankful that our family drove out to celebrate and that a lot of our friends also came out to celebrate.  We were honored to share our celebration of Noah's first year of life with all of them.

2 comments:

Jane Cosby (Gaga) said...

It was the cutest birthday party! So thankful that we could be there for Noah's 1st birthday and celebrate with all your friends. I am so thankful that God has surrounded y'all with such wonderful Christian friends and their sweet children. Now if our grandsons would just quit growing up so quickly....haha! Oh how I love them so.....

shanna said...

Hi - where did you purchase the favor boxes?