Saturday, October 8, 2011

Full Circle

I had a full circle moment today.  Like a really big one.  Let me explain.  Last year on this exact day was the day I kept thinking I didn't feel quite right, almost a little nausous throughout the morning.  Every fall we have a women's event at our church called Mugs 'n Muffins.  I love to try and go so that I can get to know some of the older women at church that I don't get to see as often.  So, last year I went and felt a little off the whole morning and thought maybe I was getting sick. 

Jordan had taken John Michael and Matthew our for the morning so I met up with them at Best Buy after my morning at church.  I just happened to metion to Jordan that I was feeling nausous all morning and he gave me THAT look.  He knew better.  He told me to go buy a test pronto.  I remember laughing it off, thinking, NO WAY.  No. Way.  Well, as we all know, that little test and those little symptoms were eventually this little guy:


As I dressed him up this morning to go to Mugs 'n Muffins with me, I couldn't believe it had been a whole year since I first found out about him.  Since I first let myself start realizing there would be 3.  Since I first got on my knees and begged God to bless my pregnany with a healthy, beautiful baby. Since I realized our lives were going to be changed forever; as it always happens with adding a precious one to your family.



So, I dressed him up this morning and said a special prayer over him.  It felt like an anniversary of sorts for me.  I knew we wanted a few children, we just never knew we would be so quickly and lovingly blessed by the Lord.



What a fun, crazy year it's been since I first found out there was another little heartbeat growing inside me.  We've truly come full circle.  I endured a pregnancy with 2 other small children around (exhausting!!!), had another not-so-comfortable birth, found out we had another boy, got through the really hard newborn stuff, and I feel like we're on our way.....sort of.



Oh goodness how I pray for these sweet boys everyday.  I am so grateful to be their mother! 


So yes, it's been a whole year, a full circle kind of year.  A good year. A blessed year. What will the next year hold for our family??!!!

2 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

Blessed indeed!! Love Noah's pictures with little lamb and the last picture with Matthew's are around John Michael are so sweet!! Brotherly love :) We can't wait to see y'all this week!

Kimberly said...

Such a sweet story...so glad you shared it! You are totally blessed with three adorable boys!