Saturday, September 17, 2011

Our Week

We have been doing a whole lot of NOTHING the last few days.  Thursday we decided to just hang out and have a fun day at the house.  It has turned really cold, dark, and rainy here the past few days and our boys don't have a THING to wear.  Jordan hasn't gotten into the attic yet to get down the Rubbermaid boxes of clothes.  I have a feeling getting all the summer clothes out and getting all the new fall clothes in is going to be a huge ordeal that I will save for a Mother's Day Out day!

I don't have any pictures, but Thursday we decided to not do anything since we have a busy first-half of the week.  We ended up taking a walk to our neighborhood park with a friend down the street.  It did NOT go well.  It was SO cold and windy and I had to pull 2 random pairs of pants out for the boys that I found in the very back of the closet.  The pants came up to JM's calves.  Classy.  Then, I had to find them a sweater or jacket to take with us.  I found a reindeer sweater for Matthew and a really old random coat for JM to wear on our walk.  Noah ended up screaming the whole time and Matthew fell and hit his nose and it bled a little bit.  It was not the most successful trip to the park, but at least I had Jessica with me for back-up.  That always helps here lately!

Friday morning I woke up at the crack of dawn to put my french toast casserole in the oven.  It was my group's turn to bring breakfast to MOPS. I brought fruit, danish, and the casserole.  We had a great meeting and the boys did great in their classrooms.  We came home, had lunch, then everyone went down for a good nap because we had Parent's Night Out at church that night.

I decided to leave Noah at church this time because we were only going to be 2 blocks away downtown eating, so I fed him right before I left and he did great.  He didn't need any of the 2 bags of milk I had left for him.  I wanted to be sure he wasn't hungry ;)

So that sums up what we've done the last few days, not much of anything interesting! 

Noah has been smiling away lately!  He is just so sweet and precious.  I could eat him up!



 



He is enjoying some tummy time and holding his head WAY up!  He can even scoot just a little bit across the floor!



Jordan had to go to the Saturday morning meeting this morning, so we didn't go do anything.  It was seriously dark and cold and rainy this morning so we stayed in our PJs and had cartoon time.  I was in full blown zombie mode because I had gotten up several times during the night.  It took me hours to fully wake up!



When Jordan got home, the boys watched football with him and generally crawled all over him!



Matthew loves to give Noah tons of "hugs" (head locks) and kisses lately!  He doesn't know his own strength!


It's been a fun and very low-key weekend.  There are 3 ballgames going on in my den right now, so I know fall is here FOR SURE!

3 comments:

Jane (Gaga) said...

So glad that y'all had a fun parent's night out! When Noah smiles, his whole face just lights up. Love the picture of Matthew giving his little brother hugs and kisses. Sometimes, a lazy Saturday at home in your pj's is just what everyone needs. Well...that and ball game food! HA

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

Ditto!

Kimberly said...

THAT smile....so precious!