Sunday, September 25, 2011

A blog post about (wait for it...)Chicken!!

My friend, Jessica, got us loving these mesquite grilled chicken breast from Sam's.  I wouldn't normally be attracted to precooked, grilled chicken, but let me tell you, we LOVE them around here.  I love them so much I decided to dedicate a blog post to frozen, grilled chicken!  What in the world?!

Jessica always makes me a chicken wrap if we're ever over at her house to play and so I started buying the chicken and making my own wraps.  Here are some ways you can use this chicken.  I like that I can make a super-easy lunch or an actual pretty nice dinner out of them!  I zap them for 3-4 minutes and I can make almost anything out of it!

Hello Sam's chicken!



-We cut the chicken up and put ranch, lettuce, tomato and cheese on a wrap and have a really yummy lunch out of it.


-Jessica cuts hers up and makes a quick chicken alfredo dinner with the chicken.


-I also shred it really fine and throw in on a quesadilla on my griddle.


-Although I haven't done it yet, you could cube it and put it on a salad!


Here's my very favorite meal that I have made with it.  I modeled this meal from Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken.  I just made this up myself and it is almost like what you can get at Applebee's!  My mom got my recipe and also made it and they LOVED it as well!


Here's what I did:


I cooked my chicken in the microwave first.  I then layered Mexican rice, chicken,



I made up some Mexi-Ranch by mixing some leftover homemade salsa with ranch!



Next, I threw on some of those little tortilla crunchy strips...



And added some cheese on top....



And then I threw it under the broiler for just a few minutes.  It really was SO easy!



Jordan declared that it was one of the best meals I've ever made.  I just like that it is so easy to make and pretty fast too!

2 comments:

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

I agree with you on this! all are good - on the last recipe, don't forget some sliced limes to go along - it tastes so good squeezed on top of the ingredients as you go to eat! this side of the family in Alabama loves these also - we made the quesadillas (spelling?) this past week

Jane(GaGa) said...

I've also used those in several similar recipes. So yummy and easy!!! Thanks for your ideas and recipes. I hope the boys are feeling better today and that you have gotten a little rest.