Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cabin Fever and Croup

We noticed the boys might all be coming down with a bit of a cold this week. I had to take Noah to the doctor on Wednesday afternoon after I picked the boys up from preschool.  It was totally fun taking all 3 of them to the doctor at naptime!  It ended up Noah didn't have an ear infection.  I was SURE that he did, but he was fine, just a small cold!  Our chunky monkey weighed in at 15 pounds 10 ounces and 25.5 inches long.  he is getting SO big!

I think the boys have  all passed this cold around but John Michael's turned into croup overnight Thursday night.  We had a really long night Thursday night.  We sat him outside and I pondered if I was making the right decision not taking him to the emergency room.  Jordan slept in the den with him and then he took him on (so I could stay home to feed Noah) around 7:40 or so.  They luckily had an opening so he was seen around 8:30 Friday morning.  He weighed in at 36.5 pounds.  We're afraid Matthew might overtake him in weight soon!

We've had a long few nights and franky, it's starting to wear on me.  Honestly, I just don't deal well with not getting much sleep.  Having 3, 3 and under does not go well with this.  Sometime I dream of what it might be like to just go to sleep at night and get to sleep for like 10 hours.....I can't even imagine!  Oh well, we'll all sleep one day when our kids are grown and out of the house, and then I know we'll be sad.  This is just a season in life!

We've basically been homebound since Wednesday afternoon.  ALL of our boys wore these precious Alabama outfits on Wednesday.  I could just die of the cuteness!



We've just been playing and watching way too much TV.  I slowly feel cabin fever creeping up on me knowing that another hard, cold, icy winter is just a few months away.  I also do not deal well with ice and cold, I am from Alabama after all. I pretty much hate winter and just grin and bear it until Spring eventually rolls around!



Noah's been sitting in the Bumbo so he can "play" with his brothers!  And Matthew has been teething like crazy lately!  He's been chewing things and having some pretty bad diaper rash.  He never has rash!  I am loving his sweetness during the day.  He always is saying thank you or giving Noah TONS of hugs and kisses or asking where his brothers are.  He's a sweetie!



And John Michael has been pretty pitiful.  He's gotten croup about once a year and it's no fun!  We've just been snuggling and watching a lot of movies the last few days.  Unfortunately, we totally forgot about how AWFUL steriods are on little kids.  Steriods for us=whining, crying, screaming and fit throwing.  It's been pretty bad!  I know it won't last long though and he'll back to his normal, sweet self!



Jordan caught Matthew sitting in the Bumbo watching Lassie on Netflix today!  He loves the Bumbo!



Well, I've got to go get some sleep.  It was very odd, none of our 3 slept well for nap.  We don't know if they heard something outside or what.  So, they were up early from their nap and then it took us 3 hours to get them all down for the night.  We are exhausted! 


It ended up being a great day because Alabama beat Arkansas.  We wish we could have gone back to Alabama to go to the game.  Not this year!  I know my family had a great time at the game though!  We wish we could be in Tuscaloosa with them!  Roll Tide!

0 comments: