Monday, July 18, 2011

Stuck In The Middle

So now that we have 3 boys, Matthew is officially a middle child.  I don't know if there's anything to the myth of being a "middle child".  I hope each one of our children will feel happy, special and cherished as they grow up.  BUT, Matthew is so different from his older brother!  Matthew throws caution to the wind and just does whatever.  He doesn't understand NO and he is constantly stealing my drinks around the house!

But then I see his sweet little scrunchy smile and his antics usually melt my heart.  He is just such a hoot most of the time.  JM is our cautious, sensitive first child and it has been so good for him to have a wilder brother to show him how to loosen up a bit at times.  They each have learned so much from each other already.  I am so glad they are going to be growing up so close in age!

Typical Matthew!  Just being silly!



I have loved his summertime curls!



Can you see the expression on his face as he messes with the lock? So what's Matthew been up to lately?



John Michael usually says "Matthew makin' that mess" and he's usually right.  Matthew likes to empty cups upside down, throw food, slam golf clubs or bats into furniture or the fireplace.  He also likes to constantly get into the pantry and either try to get food or get Jack's food and put it into his bowl or mess with Jack's water bowl. He also likes to sweep and swiffer.  He has discovered baby pacis and he tries to take them whenever he can and chew on them!  He is SO strong and he recently hit a HUGE growth spurt.  He gained two pounds and I'm starting to wonder if he truly might be built like a lineman like my dad.



He still loves yogurt and grain bars with a mighty passion.  He has started turning his nose up at a lot of fruits that he used to love.  Some days he eats like crazy and then other days he eats nothing.  I guess that's life with a toddler!  He's not so much into books on most days but he still loves to play golf with anything that he can find that could be a club and a ball!  Matthew loves all sports and loves to play basketball outside and he loves to play with all the other balls we have inside the house.



He really is such a sweetie!  I love his deep brown eyes and his sweet little brown curls atop his head.  Yep, he might be a middle child now, but he's all mine and I hug him and squeeze him everytime I get the chance to stop him from tearing the house apart and make him huge me back!

3 comments:

Judd said...

Heeey!
There's nothing wrong with being the middle-child. jk. Matthew can handle being between JM and Noah.

Dana Maxwell/Meme said...

Judd should know how it feels! Matthew will march to his own drummer. But I think you described it best by saying that they are both lucky to grow up close together - each is contributing good things to the other - that's called "brothers"! And little Noah will just hang on for the ride!

Jane (GaGa) said...

I agree with Judd and your mom....Matthew has the perfect personality for a middle child. So full of energy...so sweet! He and JM are just so much fun to watch when they are playing together. And also watching JM"s face when he sees Matthew doing something "naughty" or messy!! GaGa loves that scrunchy smiley face too...and JM"s sweet angelic smile. And waiting to see what kind of smiley face that Noah has that will also capture my heart!