Sunday, July 17, 2011

3 Weeks and A Recipe!

Look who is 3 weeks old now!  I can't believe how fast all the really new, newborn stage passed.  Before we know it he'll be a month old!  I'm trying to savor this time because who knows if this might be my last time to have a wee little one in our home!


So far, Baby Noah is so super sweet!  He generally sleeps, wakes up to eat and get changed, looks around a little while and then goes back to sleep.  He's also been a great sleepr at night.  He usually always gets up around 2 or 3 and then again at 5 or 7!  I can't complain one bit.  I've been so happy that he is so sweet and such a good baby!



I feel so bad that I haven't taken many pictures of him the past few days.  We've been pretty busy dealing with poopy potty training (which, don't even get me started on this...we're at our wits end with this the past few months) but I've got to do a better job of taking pictures everyday!


I did, however, take time to make my favorite peanut butter pie recipe.   I found this recipe on allrecipes.com (love it!) and to me, it is by far THE best recipe out there for peanut butter pie!  Generally, I add more than 1/2 cup of peanut butter to my pie, but to each their own!




Ingredients



  • 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened

  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar

  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

  • 1/2 cup milk

  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed


Directions




  1. In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Beat in sugar and peanut butter. Slowly pour in milk, beating mixture until smooth.

  2. Fold whipped topping into mixture. Stir in nuts if desired. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust and freeze until firm. Store any leftovers in freezer.



I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Jane (GaGa) said...

Sweet baby Noah is changing so much already. That's one of the sad parts about living so far away.....I see a picture of any of them and think that they've changed so much since the last time I saw them...even if it's only been a week or two!!
And we love peanut butter pie in our house too!!! Seeing the picture of yours is making my mouth water for one!

kimberly said...

oh, gotta try that pb pie!!