Saturday, October 5, 2013

Family and More Family

There are even more July pictures left to post!  I'm very slowly getting everything blogged and pushing my way through our summer pictures!

Toward the end of our big trip my cousin drove over from Mississippi for a visit and we persuaded her to come down to our house for a day so I could meet her new baby girl and so the boys could play with their cousin!

Here is sweet Millie, the world's sweetest and most calm baby!  Noah was pretty interested in her, so that's a good sign, right?!  Do I look natural holding a baby girl?!


We sat around and had a huge family lunch together.  My aunts came down and brought food, desserts and mom cooked as well.  I made some homemade ice cream and it just made for a perfect family gathering!  We really enjoy getting to spend time with family because we just don't get to do it too often.


It's fun to have an uncle to play swords with you!


All of the second cousins!  I love this picture of my 3 boys and her 2 girls!


We were fortunate to have my grandparents come up to visit.  The boys are so fortunate to have great-grandparents they can visit and play with.  We don't get to see our family often enough!


Jordan and I got in a date night to a fun sushi place with some old high school friends who are married and live in Boston now!  We realize we are getting so, so old!


All good things must come to an end and our long trip back home needed to come to an end..  We were ready to get back to our beds, our schedules, and VBS was awaiting us when we got back home!

On the road again!  3 boys, 1 white dog in my lap, massive amounts of diapers, drinks, and toys, and 12 hours ahead of us on the road.  Let's hit the road!



The drive back home is always beautiful!


We took a day to rest and recover then jumped right into VBS at our church.  John Michael loved VBS last year and he just loved it again this year.  I usually work in crafts and I enjoy seeing the kids all week.  It's always a fun and tiring week.



All in all, it was a great trip but we were definitely ready to get back home!

2 comments:

Jane Cosby (Gaga) said...

And I know all the grandparents will agree that we are ready for a return trip home.

Meme said...

loved yall being here but we were definitely not ready for you to go back home ):