Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Beautiful Sunset on Captiva

On our last night at the beach, we decided to drive over to Captiva and go to a restaurant that a friend had highly recommended...The Bubble Room.  It was very interesting, to say the least!  It had so much stuff, I mean like tons and tons of random, fun, and funky decor EVERYWHERE!  It was definitely fun for kids and the food was really, really good.  We wish we had driven over to Captive before our last night because it was just gorgeous!


Our friend suggested we get this famous orange cake and boy, are we glad we did!  I've never had anything like it, and I probably won't have anything like it until we go back some day.  It was a sweet explosion of orange and brown sugar mixed with the subtle tone of the plain white cake.  YUM y'all!



A train drove through the top of our room about every 3 minutes, so the boys were thrilled, I tell you!  Just thrilled!



Here they are looking out over a "Christmas room".  In a restaurant.  Like I said, just a fun, different kind of place!  Our waiter said the wait is about 2 hours in the summer but we were there later in August, so it was perfect.



After dinner we packed up and drove just a mile or so down the road to a public beach at the end of a road.  We had planned just to look around and explore but then we noticed lots of people standing around on the beach.  We all got out, took our shoes off, and headed down to see what everyone was looking at.....



Everyone was waiting on the beautiful sunset!!!



The boys ran around the beach,



played in the water a bit,



and generally had fun while I snapped pictures and looked on in amazement at the show that the sun was putting on for us.  Just absolutely beautiful!





These pictures are just precious to me.  It was the very end of a long, but wonderful first family vacation to the beach.  I think watching that sun set and burn up the horizon while I watched my boys play, kick their feet in the gentle surf, and hold their Daddy's hand, will be one beautiful memory that is permanently etched in my mind.  Oh, to keep them this way forever!


2 comments:

Jane Cosby (Gaga) said...

Such beautiful pictures!!! I especially love the beach sunset pictures. Such a perfect place to spend time with the ones you love most and the beach always reminds me of what a powerful and awesome God we have. I really liked the middle picture of Jordan, JM, and Matthew standing on the beach in the water, looking out at the sunset. They look so small against the great ocean that God created. Puts everything into perspective. Loved them all!!

Meme said...

maybe y'all can stay on Captiva next time you go, just for a change - hard call since both are so naturally beautiful - love the pictures!! priceless