Monday, September 3, 2012

A Trip to Tuscaloosa...Different Now With Kids!

When we made our visit back to Alabama in July, I was determined to get my boys down to Tuscaloosa.  It's not only our college town and the place where Jordan and I fell in love, but my grandparents live there too!  I really wanted to boys to be able to go down and visit them.  Like I mentioned before, I had been sick, then my Mom got it pretty bad, then JM and Matthew got it and then while we were down there Noah got sick.  It was a long, exhausting, tiresome trip.  We didn't really get to do much of what I had planned and I ended up taking Noah to a pediatrician down there and just cutting our trip short.


We felt it was in my grandmother's best interest not to be exposed to Noah since he currently had a fever, so I just JM and Matthew over and let them play and eat dinner over there one night.  She was heartbroken not to get to hold Noah, but we knew we couldn't expose her to that icky, crud we had all had!


The only "fun" thing we fit in between huge rain storms and sickness was a quick visit out to Papaw's "farm"!


 




The boys had fun throwing rocks and dirt!  It was neat to show them Papaw's land!






Of course, Matthew refuses to sit and have his picture made, but you can tell that JM and Grandmother were in a deep conversation about him being 4!  I hope we can get back to Tuscaloosa again soon!


1 comments:

Meme said...

It touched me so much to see these pictures. To see your boys down at "the farm" with my dad, where I spent most of my childhood with ponies, family, having carefree fun! I hope they develop a love for the land that still holds tightly onto my heart, and can enjoy it during their childhoods. And I loved seeing Mother in her older years doing what she loved doing for so many years; listening to, loving on and teaching little children. Thanks for going to the trouble to take your precious boys to my beloved hometown - wished I had not gotten so sick so I could have gone and shared this experience with you and the boys (and to help you with the trip)! Love Mom and Meme