Saturday, June 2, 2012

Splash Pad!

Summer is definitely here....wanna know why?!  The splash pad is finally open!  This year's trips to the splash pad will definitely be different than trying to go very pregnant/with a newborn!  Don't get me wrong, it was still crazy hard getting everything together, sunscreen, snacks, juice, swim diapers, clothes, and keep a good eye on everyone, but it was still fun!  We ended up staying for 2 hours this first time we went.  I had no idea it was that long, but I think JM would have stayed another 2 hours!


Last year JM just wouldn't really go in the water, he wouldn't really enjoy himself and I kept getting very, very frustrated.  What kid doesn't enjoy splashing?!  A friend told me to not worry about it and she said "I bet he'll do great next summer when he's 4", and you know what?  She was right.


JM literally ran straight in and stayed out in the spray of the splash pad the whole time.  What a difference a year makes for little ones!


Now, Matthew, on the other hand is not very thrilled with the splash pad right now. He seems to be a little more clingy lately and uncertain.  I think it's just a phase and I'm trying to keep him close, encourage him, and give him some boundaries so he feels safe and happy!  I hope he loosens up a bit because I just love the splash pad and I plan on going a bunch this summer!




We ate lunch first and then headed into the water.



Here is Noah sitting in the water for the very first time!





The consensus is: he loves it!



Matthew hung around Noah and me and ate snacks and drank some drinks.





They all had a pretty fun time and at the end they kind of clustered together and played in the water all together.  A fun, wet trio!  It was sweet for me to watch!



We love our splash pad and I'm quite sure we will be back a TON this summer!  I'm so glad our city decided to put this fun splash pad in downtown!


 

2 comments:

Jane Cosby (Gaga) said...

Fun times! Hopefully Matthew will follow his brother out into the water soon. Matthew is SO athletic and it's funny that he is so reserved about certain things (like the splash pad and riding rides trains, carosels, etc) Now that Noah is walking some, it should be an interesting summer at the splash pad...haha.

Meme said...

I think Matthew is having a "middle child/mommy needing" period. Noah has taken a lot of mommy's time this past year, and Matthew still needs to be the little guy sometimes. He'll blossom in his own time! And boy, the things he will do and see!! He is one funny, precious, sport-loving boy!!!