Saturday, June 9, 2012

On The Rocks


Several weeks ago we headed out to find something fun and different to do!  It seemed like we were just on the threshhold of ushering in summer and I wanted to do something the boys would love!



We headed to this random place that I have seen a few times when we drive to Oklahoma.  We'd never been there before and it definitely WAS off the beaten path! I thought the giant boulders were really cool.   We ate a small lunch in the car and let Noah finish his nap, then we hopped out, put some sunscreen on and walked down to the water.



Our boys love to throw rocks into water.  I can't figure out why, they just love it!  They threw rocks for forever...



and ever...



and ever!



We dipped Noah's toes in...the water was still really cold!



It took a bit of convincing, but John Michael finally decided to put his feet in.  Once he did, then Matthew finally decided that he wanted to!



Once they were in, there was no getting them out!  They walked and walked around in the water and threw rocks and dug around in the bottom of the creek.  I won't lie, I was freaking out about dirty water and them catching some disease from being in the water.  I really have to make myself stop and breathe and think sometimes because I know I have boys.  Boys love dirt.  I also have a nursing degree.  I have to find a happy medium in letting them be wild, free, happy, little boys who really do need to explore, and the boundary of getting hurt or injured.  I'm working on it!



They had a blast!  Mission Accomplished!



And here's Matthew doing typical Matthew stuff....finding something to make a bat out of.  This time it was a stick and a rock!  He is just crazy about baseball and he's pretty darn good to!




It's out of the park!



I mean, how cool and fun is this for little boys?!  I hope we get to do fun, outdoorsy things like this as the boys grow up.  We literally had to drag them away.  They would have stayed for another hour I bet!  It was a fun afternoon that I'm going to remember for a long time and I hope they do too!


2 comments:

Jane Cosby (Gaga) said...

Looks like so much fun! I know the boys had a blast. Love Matthew's "baseball" pics. He IS very talented...for sure. In the bottom picture the boys look like they are panning for gold...haha.

Meme said...

Mom, you are just going to have to become more of an outdoor loving gal! remember all of our camping? and Girl Scout activities? you did not like getting dirty, hot etc. but little boys do! be cautious and safe, but slowly just let them go and enjoy watching and interacting with them - precious memories will be made in the beautiful outdoors!